Sharon Mathias and Melon Lutenyo are biological sisters, this is according to DNA test conducted by Lancet Kenya.
According to the report, Mevis Imbaya and Melon, who grew up together in Kakamega, are not biologically related.
Here is the full report:
"The DNA test was done on samples collected 19th April 2019 from the following:
1. Ms Sharon Mitekwa.
2. Ms Melon Lutenyo.
3. Ms Mevies Imbaya.
4. Mrs Rosemary Khaveleli Onyango.
5. Mrs Angeline Omina Matias.
6. Mr Wilson Lutah Maruti.
“The DNA profile analysis was completed in May but the report was withheld until when the girls and the respective families were available to receive the results.
The results of the DNA profile indicate the following:
1. Sharon Mitekwa and Melon Lutenyo share identical DNA profiles, with the 23 allelic loci tested show 100% perfect match, which is consistent with the two being biological identical twins.
2. Rosemary Khaveleli Onyango cannot be excluded as the biological mother of Sharon Mitekwa and Melon Lutenyo, who have compatible obligatory maternal allelic profile with a 99.99 per cent probability.
3. Rosemary Khaveleli Onyango is excluded from being the biological mother of child Mevies Imbaya, with 13 of the 23 loci tested show a mismatch (2 or more mismatches are considered grounds for exclusion of maternity thus a probability of maternity 0.000%.
4. Angeline Omina Matias is excluded from being the biological mother of child Sharon Mitekwa, with a mismatch in 13 out of 23 loci; Wilson Lutah Maruti is excluded from being the biological father of child Sharon Mitekwa with 14 of the 23 loci tested showing a mismatch (3 or more mismatches are considered grounds for exclusion of paternity).
5. Melvis Imbaya exhibits a compatible maternal and paternal allelic profile with that of Angeline Omina Matias and Wilson Lutah Maruti, respectively, thus Angeline Omina Matias and Wilson Lutah Maruti cannot respectively be excluded as the biological mother and father of Mevis Imbaya with a probability of percentage at 99.999%."